Artichoke Dip Stuffed Pretzels
- 12 oz. Galbani® Asiago Sliced Cheese
- 1 refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1 can artichokes, well drained and chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 lbs. meatloaf mix (ground beef, pork, veal) or ground beef 80/20
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- course salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare dip: Drain artichokes, chop and place in a bowl. Finely chop spinach, add to bowl. Next add garlic, red pepper flakes, mayo and parmesan cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Remove sliced cheese from package and separate each slice. Cut each slice into quarters.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out refrigerated thin crust pizza dough. Using a rolling pin gently flatten dough to 1/4 inch. With a knife or pizza cutter, cut dough into 1 1/2 inch strips.
- Spoon about 1 Tbsp. artichoke mixture along the center of the strip of dough, spreading the dip along the entire length of the strip.
- Tear the quartered pieces of cheese and place along the top of artichoke mixture, making sure to cover the entire strip of dough and artichoke mixture with cheese.
- Fold dough over and pinch together. Gently roll stuffed dough into a cylinder and form into pretzel shape.
- Brush pretzels with egg wash and sprinkle with salt. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.