Cheesy Cauliflower Bites
- 12 oz. Galbani® Thick Sliced Asiago Cheese
- 1 cup Galbani® Grated Parmesan (about 5 ounces)
- 1 large head cauliflower, remove the stems keeping only the florets
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Marinara, for dipping
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Line a rimmed 9 x 13 baking sheet with parchment and coat with cooking spray.
- Add the cauliflower florets and garlic to a food processor and pulse until cauliflower is ground.
- Pour into mixing bowl; add Italian seasoning, red pepper, eggs, 1/2 cup parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Mix until you have a doughy consistency.
- Spread ½ the cauliflower mixture onto the baking sheet about a 1/4 inch thick.
- Using the mozzarella cheese slices cover the entire surface of the cauliflower mixture, leaving the some space along the edges of the pan.
- Spread the remaining cauliflower mixture over the slices of cheese creating a second layer of cauliflower mixture. Let mixture touch on the outside rim to seal in cheese.
- Bake until the crust turns golden brown all over, 20-35 min.
- Remove the pan from the oven and lay another piece of parchment on top of the crust. Place a second pan on top so the bottom of the baking sheet is touching the parchment. Using oven mitts hold the 2 baking sheets together and flip.
- Peel off the first parchment from the crust, cut the crust into 1 1/2-inch-thick strips (or squares for bite size snacks) and spread the breadsticks out so they are not touching. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup parmesan.
- Bake the breadsticks for a second time, around 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, serve with the marinara sauce for dipping.