Antipasto Stuffed Pastry
- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella, sliced and divided
- 1 large sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 2 slices genoa salami, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- grape tomatoes (small handful)
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/2 stalk of celery
- 1/3 onion
- 1/3 green pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400°F and prepare two baking sheets using parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle flour on your work surface and roll out the pastry square as thinly as you can. With a pizza cutter or sharp knife, slice the puff pastry into small squares (about 4″ by 4″).
- Place one-half of cheese and the salami, vegetables, spices, oil, and vinegar in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- On half of the squares, sprinkle the second portion of sliced mozzarella, then place about 1-2 teaspoons of the mixture on top. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining pastry squares. Seal pastries carefully, pressing edges with a fork.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with a fork and brush pastries with egg wash or water for a secure seal.
- Bake for about 13 minutes. (Check after 10 minutes, as oven temperatures vary slightly.) When your pastries are golden brown, remove them from the oven onto a glass plate.