Amaretto Ricotta Cheesecake
- 32 oz. Galbani® Ricotta Cheese, drained
- 3/4 cup graham crackers, ground
- 1/2 cup almonds, ground
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 lemon, make zest from rind
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 oz. amaretto
- 3 tbs. all-purpose flour
- fresh raspberries
- Drain ricotta overnight in a colander lined with paper towels, in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix graham crackers, almonds, and butter in a small bowl. Press into bottom of a greased 9-inch spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Puree ricotta in food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add egg yolks, sugar, zest, vanilla, salt, amaretto, and flour. Blend for 15 seconds and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whip egg whites with a hand or stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold whites into ricotta mixture 1/3 at a time until just blended.
- Spread mixture on top of cooled crust and bake in middle of oven until center of cake is just set/firm, about 1 hour to 1 hour, 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Let cake rest for 15 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan to release cake from sides. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before removing from pan. Garnish with fresh raspberries and lemon peel when serving.