Linguine with Herbed Ricotta and Eggplant
A Savory Linguine Made with Creamy Ricotta Cheese
Everyone’s favorite pasta with the savory tastes of rosemary, basil, and sage; top it all off the crisp taste of a fresh eggplant. This will surely be a family favorite and will become an instant classic.
- 12 oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary, chopped
- 10 basil leaves
- 5 sage leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, 1/2 inch dice
- 4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 3/4 box linguine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the herbs in a food processor until chopped fine. Add the ricotta and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Cook the eggplant in 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat until eggplant is soft and starts to caramelize, about 8 minutes.
- While eggplant is cooking, cook the linguine in salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 3 Tbsp. cooking liquid.
- Toss cooked pasta with eggplant, ricotta mixture, and reserved cooking liquid. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with drizzle of the rest of the olive oil.
Linguine with Herbed Ricotta and Eggplant Tips:
- Mix in some breadcrumbs to add a little crunch to compliment the savory linguine noodles.