- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella Fresca™ Ball, sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup tomato, crushed
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 4 oz. pizza dough
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- To prepare the tomato sauce: Sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil until fragrant and lightly colored.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, basil, and oregano. Add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the pizza: Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a 1/4 inch thickness. Transfer the dough to a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Spread an even layer of tomato sauce on the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Top the pizza with alternating layers of fresh mozzarella and sliced tomato.
- Bake the pizza in oven until the crust is well browned. Remove the pizza from the oven, slice and drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil.
Caprese Pizza Tips
- Additional toppings such as pancetta or broccoli can also be added