- 7 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella Fresca™ Medallions
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 lb. ground black angus beef (80/20 mix)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 large red tomato, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Sauté the shallots with the butter until golden brown. Add the sugar and balsamic vinegar, puree and cool.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, and add the basil and caramelized shallot puree. Form into even 6 oz. portions and chill.
- Grill or cook the burgers on a griddle to medium and top with the fresh mozzarella. Transfer the burgers to the buns, add tomato slices, and serve.
Caprese Burger Tips:
- These burgers can be created into sliders by reducing the portion size to 2 oz.; a great idea for your next cocktail party