Black Pepper Mozzarella Biscuits
- 2 cups Galbani® Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Mix together dry ingredients, coating butter cubes, and cheese with the flour mixture. Add buttermilk and toss until the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
- Once mixture is evenly incorporated, roll out dough to 1″ thickness and cut into desired shape (circles or squares).
- Bake 25 minutes at 375°F, remove, and serve immediately.
- These can be frozen for up to 4 weeks (just defrost from frozen and bake in a 375°F oven for 10 minutes).