- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease bottom and sides of two 9″ round by 2″ deep cake pans.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, oil, ricotta and vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs. Beat until incorporated.
- On low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with water. Continue mixing for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Divide equally into pans and bake for 35-45 minutes until cake tests done.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then turn onto plates. Frost when cakes are cool.
- Melt chocolate over simmering water, stir until smooth, let cool to room temperature.
- Mix sour cream into chocolate with a wire whisk.
- Frost the first layer, top with second layer, then frost the top and sides.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings, raspberries, and whipped cream as desired.
Filter my search recipes
Search among more than 200 recipes!