Penne Rigate with Ricotta, Mozzarella, and Eggplant
- 9 oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 4 oz. Galbani® Chunk Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 eggplant
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 16 oz. package penne rigate pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- salt & pepper
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and eggplant, cook until golden brown and tender.
- Add tomato sauce and cooked eggplant to a large pot and heat through over medium heat.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and add to sauce.
- Add ricotta, half the hand shredded mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil to the sauce mixture. Toss to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle remaining hand shredded mozzarella over each portion of pasta.