Italian Classic Grilled Cheese
- 16 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Galbani® Grated Parmesan
- 4 sausage patties
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Cook the sausage patties to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F on the grill or in a pan.
- Place sliced peppers and onions on a baking sheet. Lightly coat with oil and dust with garlic powder. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Lay out the slices of bread and spread butter on one side. Season buttered side with garlic powder and parmesan.
- On the unbuttered side, layer a slice of mozzarella, sausage patty, peppers and onions and finish with more mozzarella.
- Close sandwich and place in a nonstick pan on medium heat. Cook for approximately one minute, pressing down with a spatula. Flip and repeat until the cheese is melted and bread is golden brown. Remove, cut and serve.