- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 16 oz. pizza dough, room temperature
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Quart of vegetable oil
- Cut the dough evenly into 2-inch pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Place on a lightly floured tray for 10-15 minutes to rest, so the dough can rise.
- In a medium-sized pot, add vegetable oil and heat slowly to approximately 350 degrees F.
- Carefully add dough balls to the oil using a slotted spoon. Roll the balls around in the oil until they turn golden brown. Cook them approximately 3-4 minutes each side. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to cool down.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, confection sugar, 3/4 cup of chocolate chips and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Add the donuts to cinnamon and sugar. Toss around until coated and remove.
- Fill a pastry bag with ricotta mixture. Cut a small slice into each donut with a paring knife. Pipe mixture into the slice to fill each donut. If using a plastic bag, cut a tip off one of the corners to pipe the filling through.
- Garnish with leftover cinnamon-sugar and chocolate chips. Serve warm.