Tenderloin Caprese Sandwich
- 12 oz. Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 lb. fresh basil leaves
- olive oil
- 4 – 6 in. filets of sirloin or filet mignon
- 4 – 6 in. crusty rolls
- 2 tomatoes, 1/4in. slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processer, blend basil leaves with two tablespoons of olive oil to make pesto spread.
- Drizzle filets with olive oil, and dust with salt and pepper.
- Turn on grill to medium heat and grill filets for 2 1/2 minutes per side to medium-rare.
- Slice bread lengthwise and open up. Drizzle with olive oil. Slightly toast the rolls on grill and add cheese cooking till melted. Remove rolls, spread with a thick layer of pesto and tomatoes.
- Add steak and top with the other half of roll. Cut in half and serve.