Tenderloin Caprese Sandwich
- 12 oz. Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella
- 4 – 6 inch crusty rolls
- Olive oil
- 1/2 lb. fresh basil
- 2 tomatoes
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 – 6 oz. filets of sirloin or filet mignon
- Turn on grill to high temperature.
- Slice bread lengthwise and open up. Drizzle with olive oil and set aside.
- In a small blender/chopper, blend basil leaves with two tablespoons of olive oil to make pesto spread.
- Slice tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella Cheese into 1/4 inch thick slices. Drizzle fillets with olive oil, and dust with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and grill fillets for 2 ½ minutes per side to medium-rare.
- Slightly toast the rolls on grill and add cheese to fillets to melt. Remove rolls, spread with a thick layer of pesto and tomatoes.
- Add steak with cheese and top with the other half of roll.
- Cut in half and serve.