Polenta and Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 8 oz. Galbani® Chunk Mozzarella, shredded
- 2 cups water
- 1 qt. milk
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 sweet peppers, red, yellow, or orange, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 green pepper, 1/2 inch dice
- 2 zucchini, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 medium red onion, 1/2 inch dice
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups basic tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat water, milk, and salt in a large saucepan on medium high heat to a boil.
- Whisk in cornmeal slowly until combined to make polenta. Reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring with a spoon for 20 minutes. Polenta will thicken.
- Pour polenta onto an 11x17-inch rimmed cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Spread mixture until it forms an even layer. Allow to cool at least 30 minutes.
- While polenta cools, toss the vegetables and oil together in a large bowl with salt and pepper. Bake in a single layer on a large baking sheet for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are caramelized. Remove from oven to cool slightly.
- Season the ricotta with salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- To assemble, cut the cooled polenta in half to form two 11x8-inch sheets.
- Spray an 11x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread bottom of dish with 1 cup tomato sauce and top with 1 sheet of polenta.
- Top with half of the vegetables and 1 cup of the tomato sauce. Dollop 1/2 of the ricotta in tablespoons all around the top of the sauce.
- Top with other sheet of polenta, remaining vegetables, 1 cup of tomato sauce, and remaining ricotta in dollops. Top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Cover with parchment and then aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and parchment and continue to bake until top is browned, about 10 minutes more.