Meatball Lasagna (Neopolitan Style)
- 16 oz. Galbani® Chunk Mozzarella
- 2/3 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 egg
- 3/4 lb. ground beef
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 lb. raw Italian Sausage, casing removed
- 5 eggs, hard boiled, peeled, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook lasagna according to package directions. Reserve.
- Make meatballs by mixing the Parmesan, uncooked egg, and ground beef along with salt and pepper. Form into ¾-inch balls. Cook on sheet in oven until browned. Reserve.
- To assemble, spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom and top with 4 of the lasagna sheets to cover bottom of dish.
- Layer with ½ the meatballs, the sausage, and ½ the sliced eggs. Top with 1½ cups sauce.
- Top with 1 more layer of lasagna noodles, the rest of the sausage, egg, and meatballs. Top with 1 cup of sauce.
- Top with last layer of 4 noodles, 1 cup of sauce, and the mozzarella.
- Cover with parchment and then aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes until slightly bubbling, Remove foil and parchment and continue to bake until top is browned, about 10 minutes more. Cool 15 minutes before serving to allow lasagna to set up.