Lasagna Style Stuffed Peppers with a Twist
- 4 slices of Galbani® Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 large fresh peppers
- 1 small package store bought fresh cheese & spinach ravioli
- 1 24oz jar marinara
- 1 lb. ground beef, (80/20)
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Clean, rinse and dry peppers. Cut the tops off the peppers, carefully clean out the seeds.
- Place all 4 peppers in a small baking dish, standing up, side by side. Place in oven at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef, drain the excess grease and set aside.
- Using the same pan, sauté chopped onion and minced garlic in olive oil. Add the jar of marinara and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir and let simmer.
- Add chopped meat. Stir in chopped basil. Leave on low heat, to keep warm.
- Boil water and add the ravioli. Cook ravioli according to package.*
- Use a slotted spoon to remove each ravioli from water and gently place on a lined baking sheet or a flat surface. This is to keep ravioli from sticking together.
- Remove peppers from oven. Let sit for a couple of minutes, to cool slightly.
- Remove one pepper at a time from pan. Spoon in about 1 Tbsp. of chopped meat sauce. Followed by 1 ravioli. Repeat until you are at the top of the pepper, finishing with sauce.
- Cover pepper with 1 slice of cheese. Place pepper back into the baking pan and assemble the next pepper and so on.
- Once all 4 are stuffed, return to oven and bake an additional 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and brown.
*Note: cook ravioli about 2 minutes shorter than package suggests to keep firm