Lasagna Grilled Cheese
The Best Lasagna Sandwich Around
A creative way to enjoy two classic dishes at the same time, in a way that the whole family with love.
- 16 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella, Sliced
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 2 Tbsp. Galbani® Grated Parmesan, divided
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. basil, chopped
- 16 oz. ground beef
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 16oz. tomato sauce, divided
- In a mixing bowl combine ricotta, 1 Tbsp. parmesan, black pepper, garlic and basil. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the ground beef until it is completely browned, approximately 7-10 min.
- Drain and mix with 10oz. of tomato sauce.
- Lay out bread, butter one side and dust with garlic powder and remaining parmesan.
- On the non-buttered side of 4 pieces spread the ricotta mixture (about 1-2 Tbsp. on each piece), layer the ground beef mixture on the ricotta, followed by the slices of mozzarella. Top sandwiches with the remaining 4 slices.
- Move to a preheated pan on medium heat and cook for approximately 90 seconds, pressing down with a spatula. Flip and repeat until golden brown.
- Remove, cut and serve with remaining tomato sauce to dip or cover sandwich.
Lasagna Grilled Cheese Tips:
- The best sandwiches are cooked low and slow. Make a grilled cheese sandwich over medium-low heat for an evenly cooked, perfectly melted grilled cheese.
- Crisp, Not Burnt. Create the perfect crispy crust by spreading mayonnaise across the bread, as opposed to butter, followed by toasting it for 2-3 minutes. Create a mixture of 3 tablespoons of Mayonnaise and 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder. Mayonnaise can be swapped out for butter because it creates a crisp sandwich, while preventing the sandwich from sticking to the pan and it doesn’t burn as easy.