- 15 oz Galbani® Ricotta
- 1 loaf French baguette bread, sliced into crostini
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 eggplant, peeled & diced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place crostini on sheet tray and brush each one with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Bake until lightly browned, remove from oven, let cool.
- In a large skillet sauté onions in olive oil until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Add diced eggplant and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Deglaze with red wine vinegar.
- Add marinara sauce and water, bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook until thickened and not watery. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cool, top each crostini with 1 Tbsp. ricotta and a heaping Tbsp. of caponata mixture.
- Garnish with parsley.