- 20 oz. Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1 white cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. anise extract
- 4 oz. semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, plus extra for garnish
- 4 oz. toasted almonds for garnish
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Make cake following box directions, but using whole eggs instead of egg whites.
- Bake in (2) 9-inch cake pans.
- While cakes cool, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, anise extract, and chocolate chips in separate bowl.
- Spread ricotta mixture evenly between each layer, stack and frost with 2 cups heavy cream whipped with remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Garnish with diced cherries and chocolate chips.