Blueberry Ricotta Donuts
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 28 oz. pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 small jar of blueberry jam or jelly
- 1 cup confection sugar
- 1 quart of vegetable oil
- Cut the dough ball into 14 equal size pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Set aside on a floured sheet tray for 30 minutes so the dough can rise.
- In a medium-sized pot, add vegetable oil and heat slowly to approximately 350 degrees F.
- Add dough balls to the oil using a slotted spoon, roll the balls around in the oil until they turn golden brown. Cook time approximately 3-4 minutes each side.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel on a plate.
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta and 3 tablespoons of the blueberry jelly together until thoroughly blended.
- Fill a pastry bag or large Ziploc bag with mixture. If using a plastic bag, cut a tip off of one of the corners to pipe the filling through.
- Using a paring knife or kitchen scissors, cut an X into each donut going half way in.
- Fill the donuts with the ricotta mixture, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.