Ricotta Lemon Ice Cream
A Deliciously Creamy Homemade Ice Cream
Everyone is sure to leave enough room for this delicious frozen treat. The subtle hint of lemon in combination of the sweet taste of the mixed berries and slight savory taste of the ricotta cheese will have everyone asking for more.
- 35 oz. Galbani® Ricotta cheese
- 1 jar lemon curd
- 2 cups meringue nests, crushed
- fresh raspberries and/or blackberries
- sugar, as desired
- 4 whole meringue nests
- Mix lemon curd, crushed meringue and cups of ricotta thoroughly, and freeze in individual ramekins or dishes.
- Garnish simply with the fresh berries, or puree some fresh raspberries with a little sugar and drizzle around the ice cream.
- Top each dish with a single meringue and serve.
Ricotta Lemon Ice Cream Tips:
- An alternative topping that can be used is a drizzle of honey and finely chopped nuts of your choice. Chop a 1/4 cup of some of your favorite type of nuts and add those into the mixture. After frozen, drizzle some honey over the top. These two flavors will perfectly compliment the subtle tartness of the lemon.
- Top this homemade ice cream, with semisweet chocolate chips. The rich chocolate chips are the perfect addition to sweet ricotta cheese.