Herbed Butter Grilled Cheese with Fried Egg
- 8 slices of Galbani® sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 stick of butter, softened, plus another 2 Tbsp. for frying eggs
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 3 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices of bread (farm style)
- Salt and pepper
- Herbed Butter: Using a 1/2 stick of softened butter, add garlic and finely chopped basil. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, melt the 2 Tbsp. butter over low heat.
- Fry eggs so the yokes are cooked as desired. Add salt and pepper to taste. Once done remove from flame, cover to keep warm.
- Using the herbed butter, butter one side of each slice of bread and place buttered side down in a separate frying pan over medium heat.
- Add a slice of Provolone cheese to each piece of bread.
- As the bread starts to cook the cheese will begin to soften, at this point, carefully place a fried egg on one of the slices of bread.
- Top with the other slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Cover pan with a lid and cook until cheese melts. Using a spatula flip or turn until each side is golden brown.