Chicken Caprese Parmesan
- 12oz. log of Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, hand sliced
- 4-4oz. boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, removed from stem
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large frying pan, add 1-1/2 cups olive oil and heat to medium-high heat.
- In 3 separate bowls, place flour in one, milk and egg whisked together in one and bread crumbs in one.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, then milk- egg mixture, and then the bread crumbs. Add chicken to frying pan, brown one side and then the other side.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a baking sheet. Place 2 slices of fresh mozzarella on each piece of chicken.
- Toss whole cherry tomatoes in 1/2 cup olive oil and place on same sheet as chicken to roast.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until chicken is fully cooked and cheese is melted.
- Place basil leaves and remaining oil in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth to make the pesto sauce. Spread pesto in the center of the plate, about 1 tablespoon per dish.
- Add a chicken breast to each plate and top with roasted cherry tomatoes.