Chicken and Waffles Grilled Cheese
- 16 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella, sliced
- 12 slices pancetta, cut thin
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 fresh peaches (or 1 small can of peaches, drained)
- 8 frozen waffles
- 2 Tbsp. softened butter
- 4 – 4 oz. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup buttermilk ranch dressing
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Cook pancetta in a nonstick pan until slightly crisp.
- Mix syrup and mayonnaise together and set aside.
- Slice peaches thin.
- Lay out waffles and butter one side of each. Flip and spread mayonnaise mix on the non-buttered side of the waffles.
- Flour chicken, then dip chicken in ranch dressing, then back into the flour.
- Bring vegetable oil to medium heat in a skillet and cook chicken until brown on both sides and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- On mayonnaise side of waffle, layer mozzarella, chicken, pancetta, peaches, and finish with more mozzarella and another waffle.
- In a nonstick pan on medium heat, cook for about one minute, pressing down with a spatula.Flip and repeat until cheese is melted and waffles are golden brown. Remove, cut and serve