Cannoli Poke Cake
- 15 oz. Galbani ricotta cheese
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup broken cannoli shells or waffle cones
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 9-x-13” baking dish. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, approx. 22 minutes. Let cake cool slightly, then using the bottom of a wooden spoon or a straw to poke holes all over cake.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk inside holes and add 1 cup mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer beat cream cheese and butter.
- Add ricotta, vanilla, and add powdered sugar and beat until completely combined and no clumps remain.
- Frost cake.
- Top cake with remaining mini chocolate chips and crushed cannoli shells.