Baked Eggs with Ricotta, Mozzarella, and Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella Fresca™ Ball, 1/2 inch dice
- 4 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella, shredded
- 9 oz Galbani® Ricotta
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly brush 4 individual casserole* with olive oil.
- Spoon 1/4 cup tomato sauce into each casserole. Sprinkle with the crushed pepper flakes.
- Crack eggs into dishes (3 eggs in each) and evenly cover each with the diced and hand shredded mozzarella, and ricotta.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
* You may also use a 12″ x 3″ cast iron skillet or 13″ x 9″ casserole dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes until desired consistency, rotating dish every 10 to 15 minutes.