Cassata Cake Trifle
- 15 oz. Galbani® Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 8 oz. packaged cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 qt. strawberries, sliced
- 1 store-bought pound cake
- 1 container whipped topping
- Drain ricotta for 6 hours in cheesecloth or sieve.
- Put ricotta and confectioner’s sugar in a mixing bowl along with cream cheese, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix with a hand mixer. Stir in chocolate chips and refrigerate.
- Cut cake into large cubes (to make handling easier) then cut into ½” thick slices.
- Layer ricotta cream, strawberries, whipped cream, and cake in a trifle bowl or mason jar. You should have about three layers, depending on your bowl.
- Make sure the last layer is whipped cream; decorate with strawberries. Chill in refrigerator for a couple hours before serving.
Cassata Cake Trifle Tips:
- To make your own whipped topping simply mix 1/2 pint of whipping cream, 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar, and 1 tsp. of vanilla extract to a bowl. Whip until thick and refrigerate.