Penne Vodka with Broccoli
- 16 oz. Galbani® Chunk Mozzarella, 1/2 inch dice
- 16 oz. penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 cups basic tomato sauce
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 12 basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
- Remove and chill in ice water. Drain and dry.
- Sauté the shallots in olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add vodka and cook until dry and then add the tomato sauce and half and half.
- Toss pasta, broccoli, sauce, basil, mozzarella, and pine nuts together in a large mixing bowl.
- Put mixture into baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake until top is golden brown and crunchy, about 15 minutes.