A festive platter featuring fine Galbani cheeses and your favorite winter accompaniments.
For the whipped ricotta:
- Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the ricotta on high speed for 1–2 minutes or until light and airy.
- Add the lemon juice, whipping cream, and salt to the whipped ricotta and whip again for another minute.
- Transfer whipped ricotta to a serving bowl and finish with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- Garnish with lemon zest and pomegranate seeds or fresh herbs.
- Serve with fresh vegetables for dipping.
For the cranberry topping:
- In a saucepan, combine fresh cranberries, granulated sugar, and orange juice.
- Simmer on the stove until cranberries get soft (approx. 20 minutes.)
- Mash ingredients with fork until a nice chunky sauce forms.
- Remove from stove and set aside until the whipped mascarpone below is complete.
For the whipped mascarpone:
- Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Step 2: In a separate bowl, whisk together mascarpone, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold whipped cream from Step 1 into the mascarpone mixture from Step 2.
- Spoon a Tbsp of the mascarpone mixture onto each raisin crisp and then add some of the cranberry topping (above) to each.
- Arrange the crisps on your platter.
For the fresh mozzarella and prosciutto skewers:
- One at a time, fold the prosciutto slices and assemble with a ciliegine ball onto mini skewers or toothpicks.
The accompaniments listed here are just suggestions. Use your own creativity to add a personal touch! Decorate your plate with sprigs of rosemary and assorted accompaniments, including olives, carrots, pickles, figs, and fresh or dried cherries.