A Crisp Margherita Pizza with Zesty Tomatoes and Creamy Mozzarella Cheese
A delicious crisp-crusted pizza, topped with creamy mozzarella cheese, juicy sliced tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. This classic Italian pizza will be sure to have everyone grabbing a second slice.
- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1.5 oz. Galbani® Parmesan, grated
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 8 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 12 in. pizza crust
- 10 basil leaves, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stir together olive oil, garlic, and salt; toss with tomatoes, and marinade for 30 minutes.
- Brush each pizza crust with some of the tomato marinade. Sprinkle the pizzas evenly with mozzarella. Arrange tomatoes overtop, then sprinkle with shredded basil and parmesan
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown, 7-10 minutes depending on the oven settings
Margherita Pizza Tips:
- For the best Margherita pizza ensure a thin crust. The edges can be slightly thicker; however the center of the dough should allow some light through. This will ensure a crisp crunch.
- An actual tomato sauce can be added. This can be made by pureeing canned tomatoes and then adding a dash of minced garlic, a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper. The layer of sauce should be very thin; this will ensure a crisp crust.