Stuffed Portobello Burger
- 12 oz. Galbani® Thick Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 5-6 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 large tomato sliced
- olive oil, to be used for brushing
- 1/4 tsp. salt & pepper, to taste
- extra basil, to taste
- 6 hamburger buns
- Remove the stems and scrape the gills out of the mushroom caps.
- Combine the ricotta, goat cheese, salt, pepper, basil, egg and lemon juice. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- Using a grill pan on your stove top, turn heat to medium-high heat. If using an outdoor grill, set to a medium heat.
- Generously brush mushroom caps with olive oil then sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Place mushroom caps on the grill and turn every so often for 15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- When the mushroom caps are done grilling, add 1-2 tsp. marinara, and spread 2-3 Tbsp. of cheese filling over marinara.
- Place 1-2 slices of tomato on top of the cheese mixture. Lastly, top with one slice of Galbani thick sliced Mozzarella cheese.
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 15min, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with extra basil, place on toasted roll and Enjoy.