Spinach Pesto with Avocado Grilled Cheese
- 16 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella, sliced
- 15oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 1 Tbsp. Galbani® Grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped (prepared pesto can be substituted)
- 8 slices marble rye bread
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 – 8 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 avocados (ripe), pitted and sliced
- In a small mixing bowl combine ricotta, basil and parmesan cheese and mix with fork until blended. Fold to make ricotta extra fluffy. Set aside.
- Lay out the slices of bread and spread butter on one side of each piece.
- Spread 1-2 Tbsp. of ricotta mixture on the unbuttered side of 4 slices.
- Break up the spinach and lay out on the ricotta side, followed by the avocado and mozzarella.
- Close sandwich and place in a medium preheated pan. Cook for approximately 90 seconds, pressing down with a spatula. Flip and repeat until the cheese is melted and bread is golden brown. Remove, cut and serve.