Penne with Sausage, Butternut Squash, and Kale
- 8 oz. Galbani® Chunk Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 lb. butternut squash, 1/2 inch dice
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz. Italian sausage , casing removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch of kale stems, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 12 oz. penne pasta, cook as directed
- Turn oven to broil.
- Sauté squash, seasoned with salt and pepper, in olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet until browned and tender, about 12 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add sausage to pan, crumbling as you add.
- Cook on medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and kale and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock, tomato sauce, cooked squash, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes to soften kale. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sauce mixture to pasta in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Top with mozzarella and broil for 3–5 minutes until cheese is bubbly.