Lemon Ricotta Cookies
Lemon Cookies Made Even Better with Ricotta Cheese
Make these cookies for yourself, someone, a party, or just because they’re delicious and easy to make.
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 heaping tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. lemon peel, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine ricotta, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, and salt in a large bowl with a mixer on low speed.
- Slowly add the flour and baking soda to the mixture. Once dry ingredients are incorporated, add the lemon peel.
- Spoon teaspoon-sized dough balls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating the trays halfway through. Remove from oven and cool on a cookie rack.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Lemon Ricotta Cookie Tips:
- For a quick glaze, mix one cup powdered sugar with the juice and zest of 1 lemon and brush on the top of the cookies once cooled.
- Adding ricotta cheese to cookies ensures that they stay soft and fluffy.