Grilled Caprese, a new twist on this Italian Classic!
The crisp smoky taste of the grilled tomato paired with the warm, vivid taste of the Fresh Mozzarella is sure to be a hit with everyone.
- 2 – 8oz. Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella Ball, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 5 cups fresh basil leaves, divided
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 beefsteak tomatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine 4 cups fresh basil and 2 cups olive oil in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- In a saucepan, simmer olive oil and basil puree over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Strain mixture through cheesecloth into a bowl.
- Let the mixture sit 1-2 hours.
- Pour infused oil into a jar and seal if not used right away.
- Heat grill to medium. Oil the grill grate.
- Brush tops of tomatoes with olive oil and salt to taste.
- Grill 3-4 minutes on each side (until you see grill marks).
- Layer Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella, tomato, and fresh basil on serving plate.
- Drizzle with basil-infused olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish and server with remaining fresh basil.
Grilled Caprese Tips:
- Add some spice! Slice a few peppers and grill those along with the tomatoes. Add a few pieces of sliced pepper with the tomatoes to add even more flavor and color.