Toasted Italian Sub with Galbani Sliced Provolone
- 1/2 cup Galbani® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 slices Galbani® Sliced Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 7 oz. container of roasted tomatoes marinated in oil with garlic and spices
- 4 small hard sub rolls, each about 6 inches long
- 4 slices brown sugar ham
- 4 slices genoa salami
- 4 slices hot capocolla
- Slice rolls in half, length wise. Brush the inside of each half with olive oil (set aside remaining olive oil).
- Place in a skillet on medium heat, oil side down, until toasted for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread pesto evenly on each half of the roll.
- To build the sub: Start with the roasted tomatoes; enough to cover the roll.
- Next add a slice of cheese, followed by 1 slice of each meat. Place the top of the roll on.
- Put on a non-stick baking pan. Brush tops of sub rolls with olive oil and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Lightly cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for about 15-20 minutes.*Chef’s note: You could also add a slice of prosciutto!