Stuffed Banana Pepper Mac & Cheese
The Spicier Side to Mac & Cheese
This new take on the traditional Mac & Cheese is sure to have people coming back for seconds. The subtle spicy flavor of the peppers combine perfectly with creaminess of the Mac & Cheese.
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, hand shredded
- 8 oz. Galbani® Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 quart of half and half
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 lb. cavatappi pasta, cooked per directions
- 4 hot banana peppers, cleaned and chopped
- 3 fully cooked Italian sausage links, remove casing and break up meat
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a sauce pot on medium heat melt the butter, whisk in the flour, and add the half and half. Add the garlic and half of the chopped peppers.
- Stir in ricotta, mozzarella and half of the Parmesan. Whisk until cheese melts.
- Then stir in the fully cooked and drained pasta and transfer to a large oven-safe casserole dish.
- Top with the crumbled sausage and remaining peppers. Sprinkle bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan on top and bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes.
Stuffed Banana Pepper Mac & Cheese Tips:
- Add a dash of cream to the mixture in addition to the half-and-half, this will ensure a silky smooth mac and cheese.
- Experiment with different spicy peppers to change the heat level in this recipe.