Stuffed Banana Pepper Mac & Cheese
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, hand shredded
- 8 oz. Galbani® Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp. of butter
- 1 Tbsp. of flour
- 1 quart of half and half
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta, cooked per directions
- 4 hot banana peppers, cleaned and chopped
- 3 fully cooked Italian sausage links, remove casing and break up meat
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a sauce pot on medium heat melt the butter, whisk in the flour, and add the half and half. Add the garlic and half of the chopped peppers.
- Stir in ricotta, mozzarella and half of the Parmesan. Whisk until cheese melts.
- Then stir in the fully cooked and drained pasta and transfer to a large oven-safe casserole dish.
- Top with the crumbled sausage and remaining peppers. Sprinkle bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan on top and bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes.