Steak and Cheese Crostini
- 12 oz. Galbani® Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- 1 loaf baguette bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 slices roast beef, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice 6 slices of baguette with a bias cut (angled).
- Put on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven.
- Sauté onion, butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper on medium heat.
- Cook until onions are soft and light brown. You may need to add a Tbsp. of water to thin the glaze.
- Roll each slice of roast beef and place on top of each baguette.
- Place a slice of fresh mozzarella on each and top with caramelized onions.