Spinach Ricotta Gnocchi
- 32 oz. Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, hand shredded
- 1/2 cup Galbani® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour – set aside 1/4 cup to coat surface when rolling out the gnocchi
- 1 1/2 oz. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Mix ricotta, egg, flour, olive oil, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, pepper and salt in a bowl. Knead until mixed, add spinach, and continue to knead until full blended.
- Remove dough and shape into a ball on a floured surface. Cut into sections. Roll out dough into ropes, about 1/2” thick. Cut each strip into 1” pieces. Using a gnocchi board or fork, roll each piece to make the ridges.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook or freeze for later use.
- Cook gnocchi in boiling water for about 2 minutes, remove and drain. In a saucepan heat tomato sauce, stir in basil.
- Spoon ricotta gnocchi into pasta bowls and top with sauce. Finish with shredded mozzarella and grated Parmesan.