Spaghetti with Ricotta, Zucchini, Garlic, and Olive Oil
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 16 oz. package of spaghetti
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, whole
- 1/2 lb. zucchini, cut in half, seeds removed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp. lemon peel, finely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water from pot. Drain.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil and garlic over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and cook until tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Add spaghetti to pan and sauté for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of reserved water. Stir in ricotta, lemon peel, and fresh mint.
- Season with salt and pepper.
This dish is great with grilled shrimp or chicken. Simply add it to pan with the pasta to ensure that it gets heated through. Fresh peas and asparagus also work well with this recipe.