Turkey Burger with Basil Ricotta
- 15 oz. Galbani Ricotta Cheese
- 1 lb. ground turkey meat
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed cilantro leaves and fine stems, roughly chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 basil leaves, chopped basil
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- 1 head of lettuce, roughly chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, gently combine the turkey, salt, pepper, cilantro, and garlic, until just combined. Form into 4 loosely packed patties.
- Heat the oil in large skillet over medium heat until lightly smoking. Add the patties and cook until browned and crispy, about 6 minutes per side. Let rest.
- Meanwhile, pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat from pan.
- Over medium heat add shallots to the pan and a pinch of salt.
- Cook until shallots are softened. Add the tomatoes, stirring often, until tomatoes break down and soften. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Prepare ricotta mixture in a small bowl for topping. Mix together ricotta, freshly chopped basil leaves and crushed red pepper.
- Place lettuce on bottom of bun, followed by burger patties, then a dollop of ricotta mixture. Top with bun.