Quinoa Caprese Salad
- 12 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella Fresca™ Marinated
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 10 basil leaves, cut chiffonade
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium pan, heat half of the olive oil (one tablespoon) over medium-high heat, toast the quinoa for 3-4 minutes until lightly brown and fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes then remove from heat. Fluff quinoa with a fork and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add cooked quinoa, cherry tomatoes, Galbani Fresh Mozzarella, basil, lemon juice, remaining one tablespoon olive oil and salt/pepper.
- Toss salad to combine and check for seasoning before serving.