Portobello Caps with Roasted Tomato and Mozzarella
- 4 slices of Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice tomatoes into 3/4 inch slices.
- Place slices and end cuts of tomatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet (coat parchment with non-stick spray). Brush slices with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Roast at 400 degrees F. for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Mix olive oil and garlic together in a small bowl. Brush mixture over all four mushroom caps.
- Place caps on a parchment lined baking pan. Layer it with: one end cut of tomato, one Galbani mozzarella cheese slice, then one thick cut roasted tomato slice.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted nicely.
- A balsamic drizzle is optional.