Mozzarella, Beets, Walnuts, and Escarole with Ricotta Salad
- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella Fresca™ Ball, cut in pieces
- 5 oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 1 Lb. roasted red beets*, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 3/4 cup walnuts, halved, and toasted in a 400° F oven for 5-10 minutes
- 1 cup escarole hearts, chopped
- sherry wine vinaigrette
- In a large mixing bowl, toss mozzarella, beets, walnuts and escarole with sherry wine vinaigrette.
- Distribute salad onto 4 or 6 salad plates.
- Top each salad with a generous tablespoon of ricotta.
*Roasted Red Beets: Preheat oven to 400° f. Wash beets, individually wrap them in foil, and roast for 60-90 minutes, depending on size. Once cool enough to handle, peel skin using a paring knife or your fingers.
If you prefer, golden beets can also be used. Fresh fruit, such as strawberries or figs, is also a nice addition.