Mediterranean Meatball Grilled Cheese
- 16 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella, shredded
- 15oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 2 Tbsp. Galbani® Grated Parmesan, divided
- 8 slices Italian bread, cut thick
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 4 oz. pesto sauce or 12-16 fresh basil leaves, blended with 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh mint (approx. 12-16 leaves), chopped
- 8 – 2 oz. frozen meatballs (cooked), sliced
- Lay out slices of bread. Spread butter on one side of each and dust 1 Tbsp. parmesan onto butter sides.
- Flip, and on non-buttered sides spread tomato sauce and a thick layer of ricotta cheese. Spread pesto onto cheese, followed by chopped mint and remaining parmesan. Next, layer meatball slices and top with mozzarella.
- Close sandwich and move to a medium preheated nonstick pan. Cook for 90 seconds, pressing down with a spatula. Flip and repeat until the cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.