Lasagna Rolletes with Asparagus and Prosciutto
A Fun, New, Take on The Classic Lasagna
Experience the same great taste of traditional lasagna, only in a different way. The fresh taste of asparagus, the sweet ricotta, and the saltiness of the prosciutto all rolled up are a fun, new, way to enjoy this classic dish.
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta
- 4 sheets lasagna noodles
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 4 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 4 cups bechamel sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Reserve.
- Blanch asparagus in salted water for 1 minute. Chill in ice water. Remove and dry. Reserve spears and separate.
- Mix 1/2-inch asparagus pieces, ricotta, pine nuts, and salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Lay lasagna sheets out flat and line each with a slice of prosciutto. Evenly spread ricotta mixture over prosciutto.
- Roll up lasagna with mixture, ending with reserved asparagus spears. Turn rolletes on end so that spears lay flat and spiral can be seen from the sides.
- Place rolletes in individual baking dishes, each topped with 1 cup bechamel sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes to warm through. Drizzle each with olive oil. Top with parsley.
Bechamel Sauce Directions:
- Melt butter until foaming in medium saucepan on medium.
- Add shallots or onions and garlic and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes making sure not to brown.
- Whisk in milk slowly and bring mixture to boil. Stir in nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.