- 5 slices Galbani® Mozzarella Sliced Cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs. meatloaf mix (ground beef, pork, veal) or ground beef 80/20
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 cup marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine, meatloaf mix and all the other ingredients, except marinara sauce. Mix well until combined.
- Using a loaf size baking pan, spread the marinara sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Place meatloaf mixture on top of sauce and form into a loaf.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the 5 slices of mozzarella cheese to the top of the meatloaf. Covering the whole loaf.
- Return to oven and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.