Italian Mac n’ Cheese
- 8 oz. Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 4 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella Cheese, hand shredded
- 4 oz. Galbani® Provolone Cheese, hand shredded
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup hot capicola, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. spiral pasta, cook as directed
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
- In a sauce pan on the stove, whisk butter and flour over medium heat.
- As it gets thicker, add heavy cream and bring to a slow boil.
- Continue to whisk, add cheeses and blend until creamy.
- Add peas and capicola and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add red pepper flakes, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper.
- Turn off heat. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Drain water and add pasta to the sauce.
- In a separate sauté pan add bread crumbs. Stir over a medium heat to toast.
- Transfer mac n’ cheese to a large bowl and finish with grated cheese and toasted bread crumbs.