Homemade Ricotta Gnocchi
- 32 oz. Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Galbani® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour – set aside 1/4 cup to coat surface to prepare the gnocchi
- 1 1/2 oz. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 – 24 oz. jar of tomato sauce
- Fork or gnocchi roller board
- Mix ricotta, eggs, flour, olive oil and salt in a bowl and knead until fully blended.
- Remove and shape into a ball on a floured surface and cut into sections.
- Roll out dough into ropes, about 1/2 inch thick. Cut each strip into 1inch pieces.
- Using a fork or gnocchi board, roll each piece to make the ridges.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook for up to 3 hours or freeze for later use.
- In a sauce pan, heat up tomato sauce. In another pan, cook gnocchi in boiling water for about 2 minutes, drain, add the sauce and stir.
- Serve and top with grated parmesan cheese.