Gnocchi with Italian Sausage, Mozzarella, and Rappini
- 16 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 lb. gnocchi
- 1 lb. rappini (broccoli rabe)
- 1/2 lb. hot italian sausage, casing removed
- 4 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped fine
- 6 basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Boil the gnocchi according to package directions. Gnocchi will float. Remove gnocchi to drain with slotted spoon.
- Blanch rappini in water for 3 minutes and drain.
- While cooking gnocchi, cook the sausage in the olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat until cooked through and caramelized, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook for 30 seconds and then add rappini and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the gnocchi and basil and toss to coat. Top with mozzarella and bake for 10 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.